Here is my 2016 list of books I hope to read this year! This is my first time pairing books with my yearly goals, but I really like the structure and continuity it provides with the things I’d like to accomplish and be intentional about this year. It should also help with scheduling when to read each book based on whats going on each month and should help to keep a variety throughout the year. It was hard to stop at 24 books for this year, but I have to stop somewhere! With all the new things goings on this year, I probably shouldn’t over do it. I also never want to be so focused on finishing books that I neglect my time reading the Bible. I’ll be praying that the Lord would speak to me through the books, and that I’d give myself some grace if I feel the need to quit a book that is not really working on my heart.
If you want to follow along with my progress or make a goal of your own, find me on the Good Reads App. I usually try to rate books as I finish them, so you can see my reviews throughout the year instead of waiting until the end of the year. And I’d love to see what you are reading, especially if you have read “Wholeheartedly” or “The Finishing School”! Val & I would love y’alls feedback as well!
GOAL #1. Build a smooth running business & exceed customers expectations.
1. Rework by Jason Fried
2. Every Good Endeavor : Connecting Your Work to God’s Plan for World by Timothy Keller
3. Today Matters : 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow’s Success by John C. Maxwell
4. Big Magic : Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
5. Difference : The One Page Method for Re-Imagining Your Business & Re-Inventing Your Marketing by Bernadette Jiwa
GOAL #2. Write 3 devotionals.
6. Heaven by Randy Alcorn
7. Lioness Arising : Awaken the Power of an Untamed Life by Lisa Bevere
8. Driven by Eternity by John Bevere
9. Undaunted : Daring to Do What God Calls You to Do by Christine Caine
GOAL #3. Build a brand & website that I love. And a tight knit encouraging community.
10. How to Style a Brand : Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity by Fiona Humberstone
GOAL #4. Minimize distractions & clutter. Physical & Mental.
11. Margin : Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives by Richard A. Swenson
12. Freedom of Simplicity : Finding Harmony in a Complex World by Richard J. Foster
GOAL #5. Build a foundation for a marriage according to God’s design.
13. Momentary Marriage : A Parable of Permanence by John Piper
14. The Power of a Praying Wife Stormie Omartian
15. Sheet Music : Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Kevin Leman
GOAL #6. Plan a simple & intimate wedding.
16. Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Timothy Keller
GOAL #7. Value my health & recognize how it serves my life.
17. No Sweat : How the Simple Science of Motivation can Bring a Lifetime of Fitness by Michelle Segar
GOAL #8. Be a good steward of my resources.
18. Financial Stewardship : Experiencing the Freedom of Turning Your Finances Over to God by Andrew Womack
19. Money, Possessions, & Eternity by Randy Alcorn
20. The Soul of Money : Transforming Your Relationship with Money & Life by Lynne Twist
GOAL #9. Pray continually. Surrender everything.
21. Prayer : Experiencing Awe & Intimacy with God by Timothy Keller
22. Anything : The Prayer That Unlocked My God & My Soul by Jennie Allen
GOAL #10. Study the Bible & saturate my heart and mind in truth.
23. Writing in the Margins : Connecting with Good on the Pages of Your Bible by Lisa Nichols Hickman
24. The Prodigal God : Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller
For more goal setting goodness, check out Val’s #GoodtoGoalfor2016 posts too!