This is my second year choosing books to support my goals for the year. I would definitely recommend it as you decide what to read next! The truth is that if these desires are important enough to make our goals, then they should guide what we read as well! Plus the reading will help to keep you motivated and focused on your goals.
Goal #1 : Treat My Business as a Business
1. Profit First : A Simple System to Transform Any Business From a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
2. Today Matters : 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrows Success by John C. Maxwell
3. Take the Stairs : 7 Steps to Achieving True Success by Rory Vader
Goal #2 : Enjoy & Celebrate our Marriage
4. Sacred Influence : How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husband by Gary Thomas
5. Sweethearts for a Lifetime : Making the Most of Your Marriage by Wayne Mack
Goal #3 : Write & Launch 2 Devotionals
6. Voice of a Prophet: Who Speaks for God? by A.W. Tozer
Goal #4 : Cultivate a Life of Awe & Worship of God
7. Prayer : Experiencing Awe & Intimacy with God by Timothy Keller
8. The Good & Beautiful God : Falling in Love with the God Jesus Knows by James Bryan Smith
9. The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
10. Delighting in God by A.W. Tozer
Goal #5 : Grow a People First Business
11. The Good & Beautiful Community : Following the Spirit, Extending Grace, Demonstrating Love
12. Designed to Lead :The Church and Leadership Development by Eric Geiger
13. Listen, Love, Repeat : Other-Centered Living in a Self-Centered World by Karen Ehman
14. Entrusted : A Study of 2 Timothy by Beth Moore
15. Everyone Communicates, Few Connect : What the Most Effective Do Differently by John C. Maxwell
Goal #6 : Make the Effort to be Styled & Polished
16. The Curated Closet : A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style & Building Your Dream Wardrobe by Anuschka Rees
Goal #7 : Surrender My Business & Future Daily
17. Anything by Jennie Allen
18. What’s Best Next : How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done by Matt Perman
19. To Live is Christ to Die is Gain by Matt Chandler
Goal #8 : Develop a Big Picture Game Plan for our Finances
20. Your Money or Your Life : Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin
Goal #9 : Practice Steadiness
21. Manage Your Day-To-Day : Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, & Sharpen Your Creative Mind by Jocelyn K. Glei
22. The Compound Effect : Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success by Darren Hardy
23. Ordering Your Private World by Gordan MacDonald
24. Emotional Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
Goal #10 : Seek the “Illumination of the Holy Spirit” & Draw on the “Power of the Holy Spirit”
25. God’s Power for Your Life : How the Holy Spirit Transforms You Through God’s Word by A.W. Tozer
26. The Pursuit of Man by A.W. Tozer
Y’all let me know if you have read any of these and if you enjoyed them! I’d love some input on which ones to start first.
And if you are on the Good Reads App, friend me so we can get connected!
- 2016 Book Reviews
- 2017 Word of the Year
- 2017 Goals
- 2017 Book List
- 2017 My Year
Check out my sister, Vals series for more inspiration!
I love how you’ve chosen your books to help you accomplish goals. I think I will try to do that at the half way mark of the year to boost my excitement about goals.
And now I’ll go add so many of your list to my goodreads list. I need to read faster!
Thanks for sharing.
Lacey that is how I feel every year!!!! I wish I read faster, because I want to have all the knowledge of all the books. LOL! I really like the idea of boosting your goals mid way through the year. Thats when I kind of fell flat last year. :(
What a good idea! I love that you chose books to reflect your goals.